Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload status in QMS is always blank

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to V9 SR5. All went well, except that now the Reload log window in QMC is always blank - i.e. it never shows the reload status of a current running reload, or a previously finished reload when the appropriate entry is chosen from the list.

This worked in v9 SR4.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

10 Replies
dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

I have the same problem. Reinstalled SR4 again.

Logged a ticket @ support.

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Answer from Support :

This is a known issue with ID #25985 and is being worked upon by engineering. The best workaround is to browse to C:\Program Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\ and C:\Program Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service\1 folders and rename the WorkOrder.xml files there. Then restart the Distribution Service only. Verify new copies of the WorkOrder.xml files have been created and if not go to the Documents tab again and hit Apply to be sure they generate at which point new files were created and the task in question removed. NOTE: this only affects QVS license with no Publisher license. Also, if running Server 2003, the paths above would start with C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, that didn't help.

After restarting I had to go to the Reload section of a document under User Documents and change the schedule and click apply to repopulate the workorder.xml and the list of documents.

The solution you suggested sounds like one for a different problem…. Here is a screen shot of what I have. The lower panel should be full of logging information:

Not applicable
Author

Hi Xena FYI. After updating to SR5, I have a similar problem except both the data in the lower panel and the upper panel are missing. I tried the solution that Dirk posted from Support, but had no effect. My documents are also now not reloading i.e. if you select load it will appear in the top panel for about ten seconds - Status waiting and then disappear. I have logged it via support and through my QlikView partner. In the meantime I am downloading SR4 again and I am going to try and go back. 😞

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

Check the latest release notes for SR5. There is a special section for this issue (worklist is empty when no Publisher Lic is active)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dirk

Many thanks I had a look and could not find a specific entry on the worklist being empty, but used the below which did not help. QlikView Support have raised a ticket now and hope they will assist soon. If this is not what you mean, please explain - maybe I am in the wrong document?

FYI I do not have a publisher license

Release notes

QlikView / QlikView Server 9.00 SR5

Additional Actions to take when upgrading to 9.00 SR5

INFO! These steps are done to get all the scheduled tasks restored after the upgrade when running QlikView Server.

If having a Publisher license these steps should not be necessary since the new workorder.xml file created in the

upgrade will fetch the information about the tasks from the Publisher database nevertheless you still need to remove

the QDS folder.

Apart from the information given in the Reference Manual, 3.2 Upgrading QlikView Server you

should,

1. Stop the QV services from the windows services manager.

2. If running QlikView Server, without Publisher license, please go to

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview Distribution Service

or

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Qlikview

Distribution Service

and take a backup of the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) Folder.

If running Publisher the information stored in the Distribution Service Folder will also be stored in the Publisher

database (QVPR) so therefore it is not necessary to backup the Distribution Service Folder if using Publisher.

3.Uninstall present QlikView Server via Control Panel Add/Remove programs.

4. When this is done remove the QlikView Distribution Service Folder from

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\ or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application

Data\QlikTech\Publisher\

5. Install QlikView Server 9.00 SR5 and start the QV services.

6. If running QlikView Server,

without Publisher License

, go to the old QlikView Distribution

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

it's this, for me it worked

Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks for the info Dirk.

FYI I uninstalled SR5 and installed SR4 again. My jobs are back in the status window and they now update again. I have left a ticket open with QlikView and will try SR5 again when a possible solution is available.