Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload working Manually, but not in QMC

Hi guys,

I have checked a couple other similar threads but nothing from them helped me.

I am able to reload my QlikView qvws from the desktop successfully, but when I try it in the QMC it fails immediately (within 3 seconds). To make things stranger, log files aren't generating when I run it from the QMC, so I can't really see what's going wrong.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, sorry I can't give more detail than this, as I can't generate log files!

Thanks,

Joe

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I figured it out... I'm stupid and didn't name my distribution folders correctly. Thanks for the help anyway.

Joe

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you check the Generate Log File from Document Properties Like below?

Check this box and save it and try reloading on QMC, once you get the error it will generate log file. Log files are located at QDS logs folder.

Which data source you are connecting to ? If using ODBC does the relevant ODBC driver is added to your DSN on the Server?

Capture.PNG

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Joe Crane,

You can enable the generate log file information as mentioned in the screenshot above to generate the log file, from the log file you can able to find what exactly the issue is.

Most probably the issue will be the access to the data source. Normally people while doing development and testing

they do reload from their local, they point their data source to local folders. After migrating to production they may miss out to change the source path.

Or you can also check the database connection string what you are using in the desktop set up is same in server. Make sure you are able to access the source database from the server.

- Siva

Not applicable
Author

I have already done this. The log file still does not show up when I run it on the QMC... Only when I run it manually.

Not applicable
Author

I have already done this. The log file still does not show up when I run it on the QMC... Only when I run it manually.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

When it fails can you go to that failed document task on QMC and click on show task details on top right corner and go to Log tab and copy paste the whole log statements here if possible ?

Not applicable
Author

I figured it out... I'm stupid and didn't name my distribution folders correctly. Thanks for the help anyway.

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Joe