Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

ReloadEngine@servername is down error message but all services are running

I have just installed QV 12 Enterprise Edition Server (12.10.20300.0) and Publisher with the following configuration:

Server 1 - QDS, QMS

Server 2 - DCS, QVS, QVWS

All five services listed above are running and are visible in the QMC. QDS or QMS was never installed on Server 2.

EDIT: Evaluation Licenses are applied on both servers.

The issue is:

we have an error message in the QMC that reads: "ReloadEngine@server2" is down. But I can find no fault in the installation and so far as I can tell ReloadEngine is only used whitout Publisher.

Steps tried:

Restart all services, restart both servers, ran repair on both servers.

Please advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Agree with Peter's suggestion to open a case with Qlik Support. If Reload Engine is still showing in QMC even though Publisher has been applied, seems there is an issue with the QVPR. Qlik Support can assist with that.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you install the Publisher license? ReloadEngine is a typical name for Publisher-less environments. (I guess you didn't enter that name yourself in the QMC.)

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I sucessfully applied the Publisher License after installation and have been able to perform reloads and distributions in the environment without issues. Only issue is the error message.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe try a restart of the two machines?

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Tried this before and now again but unfortunately the error message is still present.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe open a case with Qlik Support while you wait for Community replies?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Agree with Peter's suggestion to open a case with Qlik Support. If Reload Engine is still showing in QMC even though Publisher has been applied, seems there is an issue with the QVPR. Qlik Support can assist with that.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Check ports. In my practice it always the case of problems. Run Windows Brandmauer and add rules for ports that are used for authentication.

Check this article:

Service by Service ‒ QlikView

And find there all ports you need for stable work.

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your suggestion! In this case though, local firewalls are turned off for all three machines for their shared domain.

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Since we run a trial license Qlik Support cannot assist us for this installation, despite the customer has enterprise licenses running in a production environment and this is a test before future migration to this environment. We are reffered to Qlik sales rep whom may then contact Qlik Support.. we choose to drop the issue for now and focus on testing as is.