Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

ReloadEngine@servername is down error message but all services are running

I have just installed QV 12 Enterprise Edition Server (12.10.20300.0) and Publisher with the following configuration:

Server 1 - QDS, QMS

Server 2 - DCS, QVS, QVWS

All five services listed above are running and are visible in the QMC. QDS or QMS was never installed on Server 2.

EDIT: Evaluation Licenses are applied on both servers.

The issue is:

we have an error message in the QMC that reads: "ReloadEngine@server2" is down. But I can find no fault in the installation and so far as I can tell ReloadEngine is only used whitout Publisher.

Steps tried:

Restart all services, restart both servers, ran repair on both servers.

Please advice.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

were you able to find a fix?

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes we were finally able to get support from Qlik which solved the issue...

It seems that reload engine "meta data" is added to the DistributionService.xml even if only the QVS is installed on a node beginning from 11.20 SR15.

To correct this stop the QMS service and locate your QVManagementService.exe.config file (normally at C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service).

Backup your config file and then locate the entry below and set value from "false" to "true":

<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services  -->

<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>

When you restart the management service you should be able to delete the now unhidden reload engine in System -> Setup -> Distribution Services

Did this resolve your issue as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did exactly this and it has not resolved my issue. Any other suggestions? The second part for the QMC section where you remove it in the distribution services it was never there in the first place (for me to remove it)

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

kjhertz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I would recommend to register a case with qlik support, they are always quick and competent in their response.

When we were trying out version 12 with temporary trial licenses that did not include support but we were unable to solve the issue ours. When we proceeded with the upgrade and moved the full licenses to the new 12 environment we got help to resolve the issue but your error cause may differ from ours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news- your suggestion worked below:

To correct this stop the QMS service and locate your QVManagementService.exe.config file (normally at C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service).

Backup your config file and then locate the entry below and set value from "false" to "true":

Distribution Services

I guess it took a while for the reload engine to show up in my QMC for me to delete it (that wa smy issue as I could not see it before).

Either it takes a bit for the settings to update, or my google chrome was caching  an old page.

Thanks!

arish_delon
Creator
Creator

Hi All,

If you have a publisher you don't need the reload engine component.

This is install by default.

If that the case, do the following...

1. Stop the QlikView Management Service service via Windows Services applet
2. Navigate to the configuration file for the QlikView Management Service, by default located in C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config
3. Locate the value:
<!-- Possibility to make Reload Engines visible under Setup/System Distribution services -->
<add key="ShowReloadEngines" value="false"/>
4. Change it from "false" to "true" in the value= area
5. Save the file in its original location
6. Restart the QlikView Management Service service
7. In the QMC, navigate to System -> Setup -> Distribution Services
8. Locate the "ReloadEngine@SERVERNAME" reference in the Reload Engines area and delete it.

This should remove the Reload Engine from the environment and stop the QMC from displaying the orange banner message that the service is down

Credit goes to Wendy Wallace.

Thank you.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is covered in the following Article, likely where you source got the information! 🙂

Show Reload Engines 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.