Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reloads failing after migrating to Server 2016`

We recently migrated our file server from Server 2012 to Server 2016 (which hosts all user file shares as well as QlikView development files). All file shares are working fine, and our Qlikview user account can access all of the QlikView data folders, however, our reload jobs are all failing with access denied errors (see below). To be clear, our Qlikview server did not change and continues to run on Server 2008 R2. Also if we repoint the mounted folders path back to the older server (using a new DNS name) the reload jobs work again. I'm wondering if there is any SMB related function that is different between Server 2012 and 2016 that does not play nicely with QV. I'm a Server Admin and not a QV developer, so I may not have all terminology correct.

Errors:

3/11/2018 13:22:10.2474499 Error Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\FILESERV\DEPARTMENTS\QV\PRODUCTION\01_QV_SOURCEDOCUMENTS\MASTER_DATA\665f0185-650b-4b90-8050-680e77641abd_MASTER_DATA_1.qvw.tmp' is denied. ||    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ||    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost) ||    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileSystemRights rights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, FileSecurity fileSecurity) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.CopyPermissionsToEmptyFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SourceFilename, String i_DestinationFileName)

3/11/2018 13:22:10.2474499 Error Could not touch target file

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies