Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Remove user personal customization

Hello everyone

I was hoping you could help me:

We host a document through the portal, but there are some issues with 1 of the users where he has lost information (With information i mean an entire pivot table). This is strange as there is no delete function.

When i look on the original though, the information is still there. We have reloaded, but the user is still missing his information.

Please let me know how do i reset a documet that a user has customized on his side? So that he goes back to the default version.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do you have any condition to show or hide that object or sheet?

If you want to remove user created documents in a collaborative environment, you can do that in the QlikView Management Console, Documents, User Documents, click on the document and on the right pane, check the Server tab and Server Objects: everything the user has created (bookmarks, charts, and so) will appear there.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply.

There is no condition, and minimize is not enabled for that object.

I see under that location, that there is not 1 object created by the user for this specific document

We tried duplicating the document and renaming it, but then the user gets the same issue.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have you tried logging in as that user from you machine and see if you have the same issue? This will show if it is something with that users ID or if it is something with his machine.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Are all users able to see that specific chart? Is that user able to see all the rest of the sheets and objects? You may need to contact Support or upload here a small sample so we can test further...

Miguel

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Bill. I will try this test and give feedback.

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes Miguel. All users can see the sheet correctly and entire model correctly. It is only this 1 user, and 1 object that is missing.

Not sure if it will help to upload anything, as it is working fine everywhere else. But I will try Bill's suggestion, and then give feedback.