Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexbenderkv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rent license for QV Personal Edition Desktop

Good afternoon people,

I'm having a hard time licensing a Personal Edition version of QlikView Desktop inside the Server.

The settings inside the server are enabled for the lease of the license.

The user I'm using to license is a Named user, I've tried with 3 different named users, all connect normally but the QV Personal Edition does not license.

The environment where the QV Desktop is installed is the same as the QV Server (same machine)

However the QV Personal Edition even connecting with the users, it does not license.

I did a test, installing QlikView Personal Edition on another machine and licensing worked perfectly. The problem only occurs on the server machine, however ... It was functioning normally licensed, and when connecting this week it was like personal edition (normal due to the licensed period) but I can not license again.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? Or Do you know how to solve it?

Attached is the settings that I use on the server.

Thanks in advance.

Alex Bender

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You have done correct Settings. Try opening that Application once in "Open in Server" and then close the QlikView.

Reopen the QlikView and see if it got the license.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
alexbenderkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Good afternoon,

I have performed this procedure, but not licensed

Already realized with 3 different users and still not licensed

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Named CALs can only be leased to a maximum of 2 MAC-addresses at any moment. What does the Client Access Licenses (CALs)->History tab show in QMC?

alexbenderkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It presents only a license allocated for User / machine in question .

im see in Client Access Licenses (CALs)->History on the Server

it is free of error licensing, it shows all the files from the server to log File -> Connect to the server, but when you leave it does not assign the license to QlikView Personal Edition

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Is the QlikView Server a test server? Check the LEF file for the server. If you see "TEST" or "LicenseLeaseNo" then you won't be able to lease a license from this server. Ensure you have everything configured as described in the License Lease Technical Brief - QlikView License Leasing Technical Brief Paper.pdf

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!