Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Replace bookmark in AJAX

It's possible to replace bookmark with AJAX client?

Thanks

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you explain a little more of what you are trying to do? 

Not applicable
Author

I would like to simulate the same functionality as is in IE-Plugin ('Replace bookmark'). To update my current bookmark with new selections.

Bookmark Replace.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Have you tried using the action "replace bookmark"? That works if you know the bookmark id.

Only problem is that you need to know the bookmark id and the macro code for checking for that does not seem to work in ajax.

Not applicable
Author

My initial need was to simulate IE-plugin's 'replace bookmark' functionality in AJAX, because we were not able to replace bookmark in IE-plugin. But actually it was caused by bug in QV Server v 11.00 SR1, upgrade to 11 SR2 (and also upgrade of client's IE-Plugins), fixed this issue.

arieidel
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Have you solved this issue?

I also want to replace an existing bookmark. I've tried creating a new bookmark with the same name that the one I want to replace but Qlikview duplicate it (I supposed with a new ID).

Thanks.

Ariel

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Did you find a workaround to replace bookmarks in Ajax client ?

The only way is switching to IE Plugin client ?

Not applicable
Author

is this for a specific user or does the bookmark need to be replaced for all suers?  If all suers, can you replace in desktop development and republish?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

i'm talking about user bookmarks they are saved in .shared file.

Not applicable
Author

ok - my suggestion obviously would not apply

I have run into several items myself, with triggers, auto advancing tabs that only work with IE plug in