Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Report Distribution - security question

I am trying to set up a document to be distributed via PDF, and have been able to successfully distribute the report during a refresh.  Now, I am trying to set up the distribution so that users only get a report of the facility the belong to.  There are 5 facilities (1,2,3,4,5), and the report has them broken out, but I only want a user to see their facility, not all 5.  Any suggestions? 

ps.  Right now, i have the section access document for the facility assigned to the individual, but when I tested it that didn't work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Report Distribution - security question

You need to do a loop and reduce on the users. That should do it for you.

Bill

4 Replies
Employee
Employee

You need to do a loop and reduce on the users. That should do it for you.

Bill

Highlighted
Not applicable

I have the loop and reduce set up on Facility Abbr (which I have in both the section access and section application), but this doesn't seem to be working.  What am i doing wrong?

Employee
Employee

Hi Mike,

This is a hard question to answer without seeing how everything is setup in section access.

Are you using the qvw just to send PDF? If so I would remove section access and build a table that links the Facility to a user and then loop and reduce on the user.

Bill

Not applicable

I am not using the qvw strictly for the pdf. 

My section access is set up like this:

ACCESS NAME USERNAME FacilityAbbr REDUCTION

I am using FacilityAbbr in both access and application to identify what data the User should see.

Community Browser