Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicolai_moller
Contributor
Contributor

Reset user sign on

Hi

Is there a way to reset a users login in the access point. I have a user who keeps getting logged into the access point with an ID that doesn't exist anymore. In favorites & profile the user is "signed in as"  his old ID that was deleted yesterday and doesn't exist in our user database anymore. How do I get QlikView to accept the new user ID instead?

Thanks.

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

How are you logging in? The login isn't QlikView that is Windows, QlikView only does authorization based upon what the OS passes to it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
nicolai_moller
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The user logs into windows as the new ID. The old ID (which is now deleted in the user database) has an _ (underscore) after the ID. In the access point it says Welcome *User ID* in the top righrt corner, but in favorites & profile is says 'Signed in as: *User ID*_ (with the underscore).

That's what confuses me.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Try this. Put the attacted QVW on your server and have them open it and see what it tells you.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.