Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Returns results too late while CPU usage remains below 40%

Hi

I am facing a problem regarding qlikview performance , when ever we make any selection it is taking too much time almost 1 minute , while CPU usage remain below 40%. We have 128 GB ram it also remain below 50%. I could not understand where is the bottle neck?.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Are you facing this problem in Client version or in Accesspoint.

If you are facing this in Client version then check the memory consuption for the objects in sheet properties and see wether it help you or not.

And if you are facing the issue ion Accesspoint then please check the shared file , because generally Shared file use to create such kind of issue.

Thanks,

D J

marcus_sommer

This could have many reasons. First you should check the settings from working set in QEMC. If your environment runs in a virtual machine it is very difficult - qv don't like sharing from CPU and RAM - it needed fixed settings.

Then not all functions are scalable and runs only on one core - I believe some string-functions and other. Also you should avoid nested if-functions, (distinct) counting from especially text-values, calculated dimensions, very heavy using from macros and so on ... see also posting like this: How to improve performance

- Marcus

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

There ara a lot of issues to check. I believe that you want to make a test in a Qlikview Desktop with the same app and the same filters.

Look: Don´t confuse things about memory allocation and processor usage.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kumar

Can you please explain where these shared files are locate and how to deal with them.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Khan,

You can see the shared file in the reporting folder. (check the reporting folder path from QMC). Reporting folder is the folder in which the application are distributed to host on accesspoint.

Reporting folder contains .QVW , .Meta , and  .Shared file. In this the shared file contains all the objects list which iscreated by user while accessing the report in accesspoint.  You can use the power tol to open the shared file and check if any object is corrupted (generally those object ID will apear in RED)? Take the beckup of the shared file and defragment the original file , that will remove the corrupte object fron the file.

Power tol name:- Shared object viewer

Power Tool Link:- http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2592

Note:- Before doing any activity please maintain a Bckup.

Thanks,

D J

Not applicable
Author

Do you have any helpful answers for this issue. Thanks.