Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lblancher
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Reverse Proxy with QVS 9

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had any sucsess implementing Qlikview Server 9 in a reverse proxy enviroment. We would like to have an Apache web server fronting for our internal IIS Qlikview server. I have followed the instructions posted at http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/9674/42725.aspx#42725, but they were written for a previous version. QVS 9 seams to be a re-write of the AccessPoint application. For the most part the Apache configuration remains the same. Where things start to differ is the plugin.asp file that is referred to in the fore mentioned post, this file does not exist in the new version 9. Does anyone know where the equivalent to this file exists in QVS9?

Maybe their is another way to implement this. If anyone has any information on reverse proxy with version 9, the information would be appreciated.

Lucas

5 Replies
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem - we proxy everything through apache and QVS9 isn't having it. I get an hourglass - accesspoint is never able to authenticate.

Not applicable

Hi

i am looking to integrate my qlikview server with the apache on the front end . so that when user logon to the websso, he is redirected to accesspoint webpage with auto logon

can you explain me how this all works

thanks

peter

Not applicable

Hi everyone. Any news regarding this topic?

I'm interested since one client need this...

Not applicable

Not plugin.asp page.. no qvstunnel.dll in the server.. no manual of new configuration with qlikview 10 and no response from qliktech.

Does anyone knows what to do in this case? Or Qliktech suppose that everyone here should be an expert in ajax, javascripts and asp??

Not applicable

Hi,

There are two parts:

• On Apache side proxy the QV trafic if there are valid credentials, and to redirect to login page if credentials are missing. Add custom headers when tunneling
  • On QlikView side , read here for authenticating with custom HTTP headers : http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.13.42.33/Testing-out-SSO-in-QlikView-Server-9.docx

-Alex