Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabio
Contributor III
Contributor III

Reverse proxy for accessing qlikview document from the Web

Qlikview server 9.0 SR5

License: Small business Edition.

Authorization: NTFS authorization (Windows controls file access)

I'm looking for a way to make the documents accessible from the web.

The qlikview server is on the intranet.

My webserver (apache) is on the DMZ.

I have configured the apache to work as reverse proxy. Apache forwards the requests to the /QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.asp to the qlikview server.

if i go to the page "http://webserver/QvAJAXZfc/QvsViewClient.asp" it work and i see this page:

<result><message text="Empty Request"/></result>

If instead i go to the page "http://webserver/kportal_ajax/default.htm" (a local working ajax generated from a .qvw) i see the error:

"Failed to open document, file not found."

any idea?!?

thanks!

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Fabio,

I would like to know you find a solution for your problem.  I have a similar situation and would like to know it's possible to make it work.

Thx!

Not applicable

Hi,

If you want your QlikView server operating in  "NTFS authorization (Windows controls file access)" mode, than you really need Integrated Windows Authetication. That requires that clients and servers are in the same Windows domain. That excludes "public internet".

Also, Apache proxy will discard all the messages and headers related to  Windows Integrated Authentication .

Few options that might work:

• use a virtual network (VPN) = your clients are in the same Windows domain as the server
  • don't use Windows Integrated Authentication
  • there are few samples about "header authentication". That means the web page (your Apache) needs to add some headers that can be checked by QlikView from some LDAP or similar.

-Alex

www.snowflakejoins.com

Not applicable

Hi  Alex,

thanks for your reply.  About don't use windows integrated authentication --> I thought with the Small business Edition this is the only option to work with, DMS is not possible.   Can you confirm this? 

My situation is about the same as Fabio except I can work with a windows web server instead of apache. 

I just need to know it's possible to run a QV small business webserver on a windows WEB server (not in a domain) and access de QV SB server via LDAP authentication?   Goal is that employees can access the QV SBE environment via public internet.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Koen

Not applicable

Please let me know if you got the solution for this. I would like to learn more on this. Thanks