We get the following error while accessing the Access Point.
I tried searching many posts but couldn't get a valid answer.
Please can you help me how it can be avoided.
I had this error for some time in Internet Explorer 7 so switched to Firefox to avoid it. It didn't occur every time, but popped up 7 or 8 times out of every 10 attempts. I wasn't sure if it was down to some extensive AccessPoint reconfiguration I had done, the QV Server (QV11 SR1) or the browser itself.
I recently upgraded to QV11 SR2 and now see that I am not getting the error any more, so this may resolve it for you. All but one of my reconfigurations has persisted (I had the AccessPoint logo removed but it has now been re-introduced) so the upgrade definitely amended one of the web files.
Currently we are using IE 7 in client network and have QlikView 11 SR1 there.
Is it due to the version that we're facing this issue.
Because We've IE 8 and QlikView 11 SR2 on our local network(our organisation) and never faced such kind of issue here.
I'm thinking to raise a ticket to QlikTech on the same.
There could be an issue with the IE7 + QV11 SR1 combination, although it might just be coincidence. One factor I forgot to mention in my case was it appears I was the only affected user in our implementation - nobody else reported the problem.
The upgrade process SR1 to SR2 was painless for me on both my servers, so I would be offering this to the client to see if it resolves it, but still worth logging the issue with QT though.
Hope you get it resolved soon.
I tried using IE with out Add on . I don't thik it will solve our problem.
Since the IE with out Add ons has many restrictions and my dashboard keeps loading with out success.
This error has started to re-occur with my new configuration and appears to be worsening (i.e. happening more often than not) so I have no idea what the issue is - probably to do with caching at Group Policy level or something like that.
The workaround at the moment is to open Accesspoint, let it display the runtime error but do not close it. Then open a new instance of IE which doesn't error (yet) and then close the original error message which force closes the initial IE instance.