Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running a macro at loading time on a server

Hi,

I am using a macro in my application that get information from a configuration file and return the information to the loading script.

If I use it in a stand alone environment (development) it work well.

If I install that application of a server and use either Publisher or qv.exe to start the load , the macro does not seem to do anything.

Does someone has an idea what could cause that issue ?

Thanks

Philippe

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

On Open macros are not triggered by either the server or Publisher.

Chris

Not applicable
Author

The macro is not called when I open the document , but when i reload it .

Thanks

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Publisher or the QVS reload capabilities do not trigger macro's on open or on reload. This is true for all previous versions of Publisher as well.

There are a lot of things a macro could do that could impact server stability or even be malicious and we decided that the best course of action to maintain simplicity would be to disallow them.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Philippe, it sounds like you are calling the macro as a function from your load script? If you are reading from a file, the macro security will need System Access. As far as I know, Publisher 8 cannot get System Access. I believe it's possible with QV9.

You indicate that qv.exe on the server doesn't work either. Are you using the same userid on the server as in the development environment? Could it be a security issue with the config file?

Is the file on the same machine as the server? If not, are you using a UNC name to reference the file? You don't want to use a mapped drive letter.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help.

I am going to check all these possibilities.

I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Philippe