Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running the QVWS alongside Apache

I am attempting to run QV Server 10 on a server which has an Apache based reporting system. Apache and QVWS services can not run at the same time because they both listen on port 80.

You can work around this problem by easily changing the listen port for Apache - however my client does not want to change the existing reporting system so I need to figure out a way to change the port properly in the QVWS.

Note that I have changed the communications port (under setup, web server, general) to 8080 and after restarting the services can connect to the access point using http://servername:8080/qlikview however after doing this change I can not launch Apache service - there is still an aspect of QVWS using port 80 even after I have changed it.

Is there another place where the port can be changed ? and is it even possible in QV server 10 ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Confirmed that the issue is Apache listens by default on 443 and 80. QVWS listens by default on 443 and 80 too. You can change the from 80 to something else in QVWS but you can not change the 443 listen.

I turned off Apache listen on 443 and changed QVWS listen port to 8080 and now both services can run side by side.

It was OK considering the Apache reporting system does not use 443 but what if it had have ? Qlikview must look into this and provide a means to change or switch off listen on 443 for the QVWS...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can do this in the QEMC under the system tab, Setup QlikView web Server. Under the general tab there is a port setting. The default is 80 and you can change it to what you want. In the below screen shot I have change it to 88. My URL will change to http://servername:88/qlikview

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Please note this change has been done but it only seems to change the port which you get to the access point on. Even with a different port entered here there is still some aspect of QVWS using port 80 and preventing other services which also use port 80 from starting.

To quote my first post:

"Note that I have changed the communications port (under setup, web server, general) to 8080 and after restarting the services can connect to the access point using http://servername:8080/qlikview however after doing this change I can not launch Apache service - there is still an aspect of QVWS using port 80 even after I have changed it."

I would appreciate it if people would read the posts properly before replying and not verify their own posts as the correct answers !

Not applicable
Author

I have discovered using a port analyser that the QVWS also listens on SSL port 443. So even if you succeed in changing the port number then 443 will still clash with Apache. Is there anywhere port 443 listen can be switched off in QVWS ?

I am not running the QVWS in Https mode.

Not applicable
Author

Confirmed that the issue is Apache listens by default on 443 and 80. QVWS listens by default on 443 and 80 too. You can change the from 80 to something else in QVWS but you can not change the 443 listen.

I turned off Apache listen on 443 and changed QVWS listen port to 8080 and now both services can run side by side.

It was OK considering the Apache reporting system does not use 443 but what if it had have ? Qlikview must look into this and provide a means to change or switch off listen on 443 for the QVWS...