I'm generating through the Object Client Page Generator. I choose to generate the page and a preview. When the preview comes up, it loads the application (I can see my objects and such) then everything disappears and the following message box pops up:
That's all I get and the application never loads. When I load the generated files via IIS I get the same thing.
First, any suggestions here? Second, where can I find a log or anything that can help me trace this?
I have traced this down to a calendar object on one of my sheets. It's a very straight forward calendar, but when it is on the sheet I get the error above. If I remove it I get no error. My user very much wants to keep the calendar object, so does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Take your Calendar script and put it in an app all by itself. Then in the Document properties, turn on "Generate Log File" in the General tab and run the app and see what the log file says. If you don't get anything there, try turning on Verbose logging in the server and do the same thing, reload and check the log files. Also check the Event viewer for Application, system, and other errors. All this is just with the Calendar app in its' own App. You have isolated that this is the issue, so let's first see if it is the scripting. If this passes all tests with flying colors, then our next step is to test how you are linking in the table.
I am not aware of any Bug repository, one would need to go through all the release notes of subsequent releases and see if this is an issue that was fixed. I do recall that there was some significant grumblings about calendar objects a while back, but don't recall the specifics. I do have to say that version 8.5 is ripe for an upgrade. Upgrading to a more recent version will likely fix your issues. You'll also be able to leverage some of the latest tools that have been released by QlikTech as well. I recommend a version update to at least 10, but recommend 11Sr1.