Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryyang756
Creator
Creator

SQL DB access via OLE DB Connection

Dear all,

I am facing a problem regarding access to SQL Server via OLE DB connection string.

I am able to run the applicaion manually using the service account. It has the read access to SQL Server DB.

But after deployment the access is denied when running the application from QMC.

There are some threads available on this topic but I found no solution.

Do I need to provide any other permission to my service account? Right now It has read access.

Below is the error lines.

2019-04-12 16:05:36 0020 OLEDB CONNECT32 TO *** (XPassword *** ***)
2019-04-12 16:06:40 Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
2019-04-12 16:06:40 ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
2019-04-12 16:06:40 Execution Failed
2019-04-12 16:06:40 Execution finished.

Please help. Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
  • QMC

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This question would be best answered by your SQL Server Database Administrators, as they are the experts here and should know if you need additional configuration on the SQL side to allow connection from the service account running as a service.  When things run as a 'service', this can require additional security configuration in the SQL side, but again, the DBA's would know that for sure.  Hope this helps you get things resolved if you have not figured it out at this point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.