Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] - Can anyone help with this error massage?

I am working on updating a QlikView Enterprise application and while I was debugging the application the following error message poped up.

SQL Error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
SQL Scriptline:
SQL State:IM002

Can anyone help me with this error message?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

I can't be positive since I do not know the whole story here. But from my experience this appears to mean you have not setup the odbc source on the machine you are trying to reload the application. Best to make it a system DSN rather than a user DSN as well. Are you able to reload this application anywhere else? If so compare your settings under Control Panels > Administrative Tools > ODBC Source System Administrator to the working machine. Double check to make sure you have the dsn setup with the correct credentials.

Hope this helps!

/Karl

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

I can't be positive since I do not know the whole story here. But from my experience this appears to mean you have not setup the odbc source on the machine you are trying to reload the application. Best to make it a system DSN rather than a user DSN as well. Are you able to reload this application anywhere else? If so compare your settings under Control Panels > Administrative Tools > ODBC Source System Administrator to the working machine. Double check to make sure you have the dsn setup with the correct credentials.

Hope this helps!

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

It makes sense! Thanks a lot!

However, for some reason it is not working yet. Let me give you the whole scenario.

I am sharing a laptop computer with another coworker. We log in under different names but the laptop is the same. I use it on my shift, he uses it on his. He can reload his QV app but not mine, I can reload mine but not his. The funny thing is that all the applications (QVDs and QVWs) reside on the same server in the same folder.

I hope this clarify my predicament.

Can you shed some additional light on this topic?

Thank you in advance! Big Smile

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Ok. Most likey he created the connection via User DSN. Make sure he changes the odbc connection under Control Panels >Administrative Tools > OBDC Source System Administrator to a System DSN then anyone who uses that machine will be able to reload the application regardless of login credentials.

/Karl

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

I am also facing the similar issue. I am using the MySQl database community edition. I have created the user DSN which is getting displayed in the exsisting DSN , but not getting connected and also i tried to connect through other options but always throwing same error IM002. Also tried creating the system dsn but it is not displayed under the existing dsn of the expressor.

but i have check the connectivity of mysql with Qlikview it is working perfectly. It is only at the expressor it is not working,