Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

dbaksa_1
Contributor

SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

We have recently upgraded our server from QV 11 SR2 to Qv11 SR7. In addition all IE Plugins were updated.

We recently published three new documents to our QV server and some, not all users are receiving an error when opening the new documents. All of the previously published applications open without error.

These are the first applications that we use include files (QVS). The error received is as follows and attached to this post.

"What do you want to do with production - deployed/document name...//domain.com/scripts/QVSTunnel_dll%3f..."

I have attached a screenshot of the error.

I believe this might be an IE security/configuration issue

Any assistance with this problem I appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbaksa_1
Contributor

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

This problem has been resolved.

The errors appear to be the result of a reload and reduction of a document. We setup a document reload, reduction and distribution in one task and did not give the document reduction a new document name (Saved reduction as original document). This method seemed to work fine on or development server (2008 R2) but not on the production server (2012). We noticed one of the applications had a preselected value when published that was not part of the reduction criteria. As part of my testing to resolve the pre-selection issue I decided to change the task logic and break it into two steps. First a reload and then a separate reduction/distribution as a unique document name.

Problem solved!!!  

7 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

Hi,

If there users have the desktop installed, you don't need to install the plugin.

Bill

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

Hi Daniel,

Did you just update the IE Plugin, or did you uninstall and then re-install the plugin?

I believe you need to uninstall and re-install the plugin for it to install correctly.

dbaksa_1
Contributor

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

Let me add some additional detail. We have these same applications published on our test server 2008 R2 and there are no issues for anyone. Our production server is a 2012 box.

We installed the plugin and did not uninstall because QV 11 Updates the older version now. In the past we would have uninstalled the old plugin first. These users do not have the desktop installed.

I will advise I.T. to uninstall the Plugin and reinstall to see if that helps. Again this issue only impacts three specific applications and only for a handful of users.

Thanks,

????????

alkesh_sharma
Contributor II

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

What is the IE version, Guess there is some issues with IE 11 and above.

dbaksa_1
Contributor

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

It is an issue with IE9, 10 and 11

dbaksa_1
Contributor

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin for the affected user and machines and the problem is still unresolved.

dbaksa_1
Contributor

Re: SR7 - IE11 New deployed document throws error Old dcuments open no eror

This problem has been resolved.

The errors appear to be the result of a reload and reduction of a document. We setup a document reload, reduction and distribution in one task and did not give the document reduction a new document name (Saved reduction as original document). This method seemed to work fine on or development server (2008 R2) but not on the production server (2012). We noticed one of the applications had a preselected value when published that was not part of the reduction criteria. As part of my testing to resolve the pre-selection issue I decided to change the task logic and break it into two steps. First a reload and then a separate reduction/distribution as a unique document name.

Problem solved!!!