Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SR9 Deployment

Hello,

I have read few issues on community regarding the upgrade to SR9 .

Can someone please suggest whether we should upgrade to SR9 or should wait for SR10 and upgrade then.

Regards,

Nisha

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nisha,

I'm interested to hear what you decided to do as we're currently going through the same decision process.  Upgrade to SR10 that has been available for a few weeks and may have bugs, or go with SR9...

Did you discover any major issues with SR9 in your research that affected your decision?

Thanks

Tom

sunny_talwar

SR10 is already out now.

I have already updated to SR9 and so far I am having no major concerns till now, but it has only been 1 month so can't be 100% certain.

Best,

S

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at couple of issue with SR9 here

QVWebServer service not starting after upgrading to SR9!

As SR10 is out you can go with this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tom Mills,

We had upgraded to SR9 but rolled back again to SR8.

We faced couple of issues like trigger jobs not working & deallocation of named Cals and jobs were running extremely slow.

The user cals issue has been found out to be a bug by Qlik and they have shared a bug id for same.

So atleast I would suggest to wait for couple of weeks if there is any bugs/issues related to SR10 and if all is stablized go for SR10 rather than SR9.

Regards,

Nisha

Not applicable
Author

Do you have a staging area to try the new version in? My recommendation are in general that you should not update if you dont see a real reason to update. Ex. new features you need, bugs fixed that you would benefit from or ex security fixes. With that said, I still recommend that you update so you always are within the fully supported versions.

Good luck.