Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled task wont run

I have on task scheduled. Its simply a script that runs a batch file. The only thing in this script is:

execute cmd.exe /C IntraDayJobs.bat

The batch file that it excutes has a series of documents that get reloaded by batch (note that qv.exe is on my path:) )

qv.exe /r /NoSecurity E_RESOURCE_.qvw

qv.exe /r /NoSecurity E_TARGETS.qvw

I have no problem running this document/qvw by opening it up and reloading it or by running it from the command line. However, if I schedule it on the server, it says that it is running but nothing happens. It just simply does not execute the statements in the batch file. Any ideas?

...just wanted to add that I know its running and completing on the server because the log has the following entries.

3/30/2011 1:44:27 PM: Execution started.

3/30/2011 1:44:27 PM: QlikView Version:10.00.8811.6

3/30/2011 1:44:27 PM: 0002 execute cmd.exe /C IntraDayJobs.bat

3/30/2011 1:44:27 PM: Execution finished.

However, while the job does run, it doesn't do what is supposed to do. It if did, it would take a minute or two to complete and a number of QVD's would be updated.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I just had the same issue and I found your post. I am running on Windows 7.

I got it working by doing these steps:

- Used vbs script

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run """c:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe"" /vvPrint=1 /NoSecurity C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\Daily.qvw"

- In the general tab on the task, set to Configure for: <operating system you have>

- In security options, select "Run only when user is logged on"

I think it is the last step that makes it work. It seems qv.exe cannot run in the background?

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

I had the same issueStick out tongue

I can run a bat file by doubleclick the file icon which include a command : qv.exe /rp a.qvw ;

But failed when I open a command line window and type qv.exe /rp a.qvw directly with keyboard.

NOTE: my qvw has a secction access script.

And I find the command line qv.exe /rp a.qvw get the different result in directly run partial reload in QV desktop. in the other post of mine.