Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduling QVD load

My team is trying to implement a "two tier" approach where there will be set of qvw's whose functions is solely to connect to the data sources, pull the data, and stored the result in QVD files. Then there will be set of qvw's that are the actual applications, and these applications will be loading the QVD's.

The applications qvw's will be in the QV server mounted folder, so I can schedule them using the server. And because these applications are stored on the mounted folder, they will be visible on the Access Point.

Now the question is... where do I place the QVD makers (the qvws that generate the QVD files) so that they are visible to the server for refresh scheduling, and yet not visible on the Access Point?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

In order to get the document reloaded by QVS, then you need to put the document in either the root folder or a mounted folder. What you can do is set restrictive permissions in this mounted folders where the QVD generators are, with enough access to the account running the QVS. QVS respects NTFS permissions, so if any user has not permissions in a particular document, it will not be shown in the Accesspoint when such user logs on.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Place the internal qvw's in a separate folder, which is not covered by the mount.

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Okay then how does the enterprise manager see the document in order to schedule data load? The enterprise manager do not see the docuement in that case.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

In order to get the document reloaded by QVS, then you need to put the document in either the root folder or a mounted folder. What you can do is set restrictive permissions in this mounted folders where the QVD generators are, with enough access to the account running the QVS. QVS respects NTFS permissions, so if any user has not permissions in a particular document, it will not be shown in the Accesspoint when such user logs on.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

...or put the QVD makers outside of the mounted folder and use Windows scheduler to run a batch file that calls Qlikview.exe using the /r switch.

Regards,

Gordon

suniljain
Master
Master

agree with Gordon,

you can make batch file for your all application like, Extraction , Modelling and Final application and schedule that batch file in window scheduler that will works fine.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the tip. I would like to use the existing Publisher capability so this seems to be the first option I should try rather than doing something outside of the server with batch file.