Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script runs but not in Publisher

I have a qvw that loads data from a Microsoft Access Database table. The script runs find if I manually reload it but it will not reload from a "reload" in Publisher. The error is :

Error: SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default printer specified SQL State: IM002

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stephen

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Stephen,

Did you configure the ODBC connection on the server? If so, did you make sure it was a SysDSN and not a UserDSN? When you reload something manually you are doing it with your own username, when Publisher runs a task it does so under its user account.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

We have tried to install but Access needs a 32 bit driver and SysDSN seems to only be looking for a 64 bit driver as we are running the QV server and publisher as 64 bit.

I also did and OLE DB connection and the same thing happens. I can run the reload by publisher can't.

Any other ideas?

Stephen

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, that's the problem. There are no 64-bit drivers for Office. If you want to upgrade to v10, you can simulate a 32-bit connection. If you're using v9 (which is likely), you would have to do the following as a workaround:

1. Install QlikView Desktop 32-bit on the server
  2. Configure a 32-bit SysDSN connection directly from within QV Desktop and configure your script to use that connection
  3. Test reloading manually to make sure everything works well
  4. Assuming the reload succeeded, you then need to create a BAT file containing a line in the following format: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Qlikview\Qv.exe" /r "C:\MyQVDocs\Mydoc.qvw"
  5. Save this BAT file and the configure it as a Supporting Task from QEMC --> System. You can then run it as a task and it will run in 32-bit mode.

Note that this is not ideal since you will need to license the local client and waste one of your licenses on that. If that's not acceptable, you need to move away from 64-bit. Either way you would be losing the advantages of 64-bit, but you have Microsoft to blame for that...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I was afraid that woud be the work aroung. The Access database runs each night after getting a file from SAP. So I am having the database create some "csv" files that will (ya) update the QV doucment in publisher.

Thanks for you input Vlad.

Stephen

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In addition to that detailed guide, there is actually a redistributable package from Microsoft for Access. They overwrite the existing from any Office installation except for the 2010 version, but in a server environment, where usually there are not desktop programs, it may worth installing. They run on 64 bit servers.

I'm currently testing them with both QV10 and QV9 servers

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel, we'll try that.

Stephen

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Miguel,

I've seen that package before. While it does run on x64 machines, it does not give you x64 drivers. Meaning, it just runs in WOW. So I think the same problems will occur. If I'm wrong about that, please let me know!

Thanks,