Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script runs normally on QV, but hangs/freezes on QMC

I started working with QV exactly 2 weeks ago and I'm growing a little confident, but I still have much to go.

The issue is just as described in the title: we have a script that runs on the actual program, but it stalls when the task is started from the management console.  Attached is a print screen from the log seen through the QMC, seemingly in a reload loop. This has happened with several documents that we have but they've basically "fixed themselves" after having reset the QDS (and creating a windows task to repeat it everyday) as suggested in other threads. 

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar log outputs?

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

have a look at below post

http://community.qlik.com/thread/130100

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Maybe I have multiple issues, but the same pattern of error keeps repeating itself, giving no information on some cases and some on others.

This is part of the log when I run the task on the QMC.

Note that there were other tasks failing similarly, but they were "fixed", by one of two ways (how exactly or why I have no idea, I'm just going by an action-reaction reasoning):

-Reset QDS service.

-Ran all failing scripts manually on QV, then through the QMC, where some of the failing scripts ran like nothing ever happened.

Relevant may be the fact that the QDS reset was supposed to be happening everyday (via Windows Task) but the task itself started failing probably due to a user password change.  This user password change had made all triggered tasks to fail. Once the credentials were updated, most tasks ran without problem.

Could this password change be at the root of the problem?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reference but I fail to see how that thread was helpful. In that case there seemed to be errors in the script syntax (which is possible for me, but unlikely, as the same pattern of error keeps appearing across multiple files).

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jose,

Can you post the document log?  Normally when you see a QVW that will load in the desktop but not through the Distribution service there are a could things to look for.

1. Does the service account has access to all the data.

2. Are the ODBC connections setup as system DSN and not Users DSN

You can also try changing the service account to the same as the LOGIN used to run it in desktop to see if it will run correctly

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Who's hosting your Qlikview server as the windows config can have an effect on the performance

We tried on running Qlikview Server on Google Compute Engine and had similar errors, basically we had a CSV config file that our application would loop over, this all worked fine locally but when we ran it on a brand new GCE box it would hang when the application tried to import the CSV.

This was strange behaviour and when you go to add the CSV in the script editor you can see the fields and data, so we created an EC2 windows box and installed everything on there exactly as we did on the GCE box, when we reloaded the QVW it worked no problem, since then Qlik Support have looked at the GCE box and installed an earlier version of the server software and it works fine, and they said that Windows had config issues.

Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

EDIT: attached correct document log.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Attached is the Document Log.

1.Yes, we have access to all the data.

2.Yes, ODBC connections are system connections.

Not applicable
Author

I'm trying every avenue and yet nothing seems to pop out. I'm guessing it won't "pop" at any moment.

I'm looking to find a history of performed tasks through time. Maybe this will show me an unhealthy (for the server) number of tasks running concurrently. All I have to try and visualize that for the moment is the Governance Dashboard (which honestly has me a little confused as for the CPU utilization it displays either a 0 or a 1.

Does anyone have any clue as to this approach?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you attach the whole document log ?

Usually one would see the "Exit Script" at the end.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Jose,

At this point, I would break the script down into sections and see you if can find it that way.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.