Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scroll bars in AJAX

Hi,

When viewing Qlikview documents in AJAX, it appears that the arrows to move the scroll bar up and down do not function properly for tables and charts.

For example, go to a document that you can access on a server and view it in AJAX through Access Point. Find / make a straight table, table box, and list box. Now shrink them so that a scroll bar appears on the right side. In the list box, you should be able to 1) click the up and down arrows for the scroll bar and have that move the scroll bar up or down, thereby seeing different lines of data. You should also be able to 2) click the area between the scroll bar and the down arrow to move the scroll bar down multiple rows at once. Try those two things in the table box and straight table, do they work for you? Those two methods of moving the scroll bar do not work for me in AJAX.

Is this a known issue with no fix? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Scott

I feel like this has to have been addressed somewhere on this site but I didn't find it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This has been confirmed as a bug.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Bump.

I know somebody knows, this seems like a really obvious problem..

Thanks again.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This has been confirmed as a bug.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I have the exact same problem - the scroll bar up & down arrows that let you scroll thru the list box do not work in AJAX. What makes it even worst is that it works on my computer, but doesn't work on some of our users' PCs ( I tried it with same browser as the user who is having problems).

If this is a bug it shouldn't work on anyone's PC, correct?

Maria

Not applicable
Author

The list box arrows do work for me, it's just the arrows int he straight table that don't work. It's interesting to hear that you're having problems with list boxes.

I'd like to hear back from Qlik Tech on fixing this in an upcoming SR. Is this a more complex problem than it appears? My client's users are having trouble and can't use IE Plug-in due to their security settings.

Not applicable
Author

If you are running win7 it could be worth a try to change display settings to 100% - worked for me.

Control panel -> Appearance and personalization - > Display

Choose 'Smaller 100%'

Not applicable
Author

I ran into the same issue, but I was able to use the scroll bars when I used Google Chrome - also Safari I believe worked. Internet Explorer had this issue, and Firefox was not tested.

Recommendation: Google Chrome

Not applicable
Author

This was tested on WinXP and Win7... Safari was tested on OSX 10.6... Running QV Server 10SR1

Not applicable
Author

In the above you can read it's a bug, but is it allready picked up by QlikTech and sheduled to be fixed in release 10.xx SR y???

Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know which SR this will be fixed and when it is scheduled for?