Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access> Reload not Successfull

I am having issues with Publisher reloading the QV document. I have section access in the document. I have read the Section 27: Section Access in the QV Server and I figure I am missing something in the guide just unsure of what it is.

Publisher settings> QV Enterprise Management Console> System> Distribution Services> Advanced> I have entered in my admin name/password in the Section Access section on the server. I have setup a task for the QVTest document to reload and have placed the same name/password in the section access part of the task wizard. It can open the document but the log file generates this:

2/25/2010 11:09:03.1077908 Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\QVTest.qvw.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1337934 Information Document log "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\QVTest.qvw.log" was not found / not updated. Skipped.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1367937 Information Initializing Reload (0), Finished (814)
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1397940 Error Reload failed.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.1527953 Information Closing the document.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3138114 Information Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=5916
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3178118 Information Initializing (0), Finished (174)
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3208121 Error Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
2/25/2010 11:09:03.3288129 Error The task "Reload of QVTest.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=3

Section access code in my QV document. Links up to below Excel spreadsheet.

Security:
SECTION ACCESS;
Directory;

LOAD [USERID],
[PASSWORD],
[ACCESS],
[GROUP]
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Users);

Section Application;
Directory;
LOAD [GROUP],
HowTo,
Dashboard,
SalesScreen,
Sales,
Transaction,
OrderDetail,
SLX,
SLXPreformance,
SLX_Shannon_Joan,
InterestFields
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Matrix);

Spreadsheet were Section Access sheets/users are being pulled from:

[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/6354.security_5F00_all.xlsx:550:0]

If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks for any help on this matter.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad for all your assistance on this post. Hopefully this forum can help many other as well.

I attempted to use NETDOMAINSID, just NTNAME by itself and many other combination. The correct combination was NTMAME and NTSID. I also had to recreate my QVW in the same account I use to run the QV Server. This was the moss_setup.

Below is the solution that worked for me.

Final Section Access Code.

Security:
SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD * inline [
NTSID,USERID, PASSWORD,ACCESS,GROUP, NTNAME
*, ADMIN, 123, ADMIN, *, *
*, joe, joe, USER, GROUP1, *
*, john, john, USER, GROUP1, *
*, dennis, dennis, USER, GROUP1, *
*, crm, crm, USER, GROUP1, *
*, all, all, USER, GROUP2, *
S-1-5-21-789336058-113007714-839522115-1253, *, password, ADMIN, *, moss_setup
];

Section Application;
LOAD * inline [
GROUP, HowTo, Dashboard, SalesScreen, Sales, Transaction, OrderDetail, SLX, SLXPreformance, SLX_Shannon_Joan, InterestFields
GROUP1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
GROUP2, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0
];

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jacob,

Instead of entering the admin section access info into the server, try the opposite: enter the publisher user account (either with NTName or SecurityIdentifier) into the section access of the document. For whatever reason, putting the admin info into the server does not always work...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I assume the Publisher user account is the account I used to install Qlikview Server with?

Otherwise where do I find the publisher account? Once I do find this account put it on my excel sheet and give it 'ADMIN' access?

At this time I do not use the domain for authentication to QV, through I installed QV using a domain account, does this matter?

I need more explanation.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

I read some other forums relating to this and apparently this is a more common issue.

I have added the 'publisher account' to Section Access in the excel spreadsheet.

This does not seem to be working. I know the account is in in the qvw because I can log in with it. I then entered this account into the task as and into the QDS on the server. I know this is the correct account because all the services are for QV are using it. I also tried using domain\MOSS_Setup and this did not work either.

Excel sheet:

USERIDPASSWORDACCESSGROUP
ADMIN123ADMIN
joejoeUSERGROUP1
johnjohnUSERGROUP1
dennisdennisUSERGROUP1
crmcrmUSERGROUP1
allallUSERGROUP2
MOSS_SetuppasswordADMIN

Any other ideas? Am I still missing something?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Jacob,

It's not a UserID. The Publisher account (yep, the one you used to set up QlikView) is a Windows account, which must be specified in section access either as NTNAME or NTDOMAINSID (see pages 507 & 509 of the QlikView Reference Manual). The fields are not case sensitive. I prefer to use the SID because you avoid confusion with specifying domain names. In particular, see page 509 which will show you how you can have a table that includes mixed UserIDs and Windows qualifiers through the use of asterisks.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Updated Excel spreadsheet matching QV Reference Manual. I can log in with moss_setup into the qvw so I know the SID number is correct and working. Loading still fails with same error code.

Thanks for your help thus far. I believe we are very close.

USERIDPASSWORDACCESSGROUPNTDOMAINSID
ADMIN123ADMIN**
joejoeUSERGROUP1*
johnjohnUSERGROUP1*
dennisdennisUSERGROUP1*
crmcrmUSERGROUP1*
allallUSERGROUP2*
*passwordADMIN*S-1-5-21-789336058...
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

You need to put the following statement into your script before you load the table: Star is *;

Also, looks like the first entry (ADMIN) is messed up--the password is under the access field and the password field is empty. Or is that just a typo?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Password for ADMIN is 123 just right aligned rather than left...

I put Star is*; in code. Is this the correct location? I did not see this referenced in the reference guide?

Security:
SECTION ACCESS;
Star is *;
Directory;
LOAD [USERID],
[PASSWORD],
[ACCESS],
[GROUP],
[NTDOMAINSID]

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Users);

Section Application;
Directory;
LOAD [GROUP],
HowTo,
Dashboard,
SalesScreen,
Sales,
Transaction,
OrderDetail,
SLX,
SLXPreformance,
SLX_Shannon_Joan,
InterestFields
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Matrix);

Did not work. Same error code.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It's referenced on page 509. The location should be correct (although you can delete the Directory statement entirely). Strange that this isn't working since your syntax should be correct. Try this: log in to Windows using the Publisher account and reload the document in QV Desktop. This should recreate what happens when Publisher reloads the QVW. If it works, the problem might be with Publisher itself and not section access...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Okay new error code.

Reload failed because the document could not be opened successfully. DocumentState=CouldNotOpenDocument

The task "ReloadAgain" failed. ErrorCount=5

Passwords are correct, checked twice. Logged in to server as my admin account not as moss_setup? Could this be an issue? I will play with it some more. Keep you posted.