Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Selected database is not a Publisher database - QV11SR1

I have just stood up QV11SR1 within our environment.  I am trying to migrate from the XML repository to the SQL Server repository in order to alleviate performance constraints due to the number of publishers we have in our environment.  The SQL server version is 2008 (10.0.4000). 

After setting up the connection information and clicking the "migrate" check box I receive this error: Selected database is not a Publisher database.  I then have to restart QMC on the publisher box and everything reverts back to the XML repository.

I have been able to connect directly to the SQL server from the QV Publisher server and have been able to connect using the service account for QV successfully.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Charlie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I spoke with Bill Britt at QlikView about this issue and apperantly QlikView has to create the database itself rather than use a pre-defined database.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Is the user running QlikView or assigned to QlikView services granted permissions to create databases, tables and so in the SQL Server? Does the SQL Server Windows Authentication enabled?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I spoke with Bill Britt at QlikView about this issue and apperantly QlikView has to create the database itself rather than use a pre-defined database.