Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Self Service User Credential Manager

Hi there,

I have just set up a server for a client that is sat in the Rackspace cloud.  Due to wanting to keep their network security bolted down there is no link between the cloud server and the client's domain.  To keep the security simple I am presently looking at simply setting up local users on the Rackspace machine (the number of users is going to be relatively small).   The initial set-up is not going to be a problem, via RDP and Server Manager, but what I am looking for is a way to allow users to change their passwords and unlock their own account if they have password issues.

Obviously it is possible to code an interface to the Local User accounts using ASP or some other web based code - but I am looking for something out of the box that will do this.   Ideally users will be able to access a web page that will allow them to log in and change their password.  They should also be able to give an email address, to which a password reset link can be sent if a password is forgotten.

Does anyone have any recommendations on this front?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Steve,

It appears Microsoft has removed IISADMPWD from IIS. If you search for a replacement you can find some tools that might work.

IISADMPWD Replacement Tool : Web Active Directory, LLC

Has a 30 day trial.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Thanks Bill, the PeoplePassword product by the same vendor looks like a good lightweight solution for what we are looking for.

I will post back after I have a chance to look at this and any other products that people recommend.

Steve