Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Send to Excel with plugin not working

We are moving to Windows 10 and our company policy will be that no user will have admin rights to their computers.

Wehn we do Send to Excel with the QVPlugin, Excel opens with no data and this event error is created:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user AMU\XXXXXXX SID (S-1-5-21-4127812034-820336945-2256232113-810692) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

We have tested with an admin account and there is no error.

Does the plugin require admin access to the computer? Is there a fix (other that using Export or Copy to clipboard).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

After adding our Accesspoint URL to Trusted Sites, all problems with the plugin were resolved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do you have to use the IE Plug in?

We just switched to Windows 10 and have no admin rights and have no issue with Ajax.

I am testing with the plugin now and it's working just fine for me so it is not per say because you are not an admin.

rajender_qlik
Creator
Creator

Hello m w,

I have a macro to export the object to excel file. If you want to specify the object ID from front-end you can use variable in the Object-ID. Try this.

Sub ExportToExcel

DIM ExcelApplication, ExcelWorkbook

SET ExcelApplication = CREATEOBJECT("Excel.Application")

SET ExcelWorkbook = ExcelApplication.Workbooks.Add

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH142").CopyTableToClipBoard TRUE // Specify the object ID to export to excel.

ExcelWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Paste

ExcelWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Rows("1:100000").RowHeight = 15

ExcelWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Columns("A:ZZ").AutoFit

ExcelApplication.DisplayAlerts = FALSE

ExcelWorkbook.SaveAs "D:\Development\Test.xlsx" , 51 //Specify the Path to save the excel file

ExcelApplication.Quit

MsgBox " Excel file saved in Default path !! "

End Sub

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Daniel,

Yes, AJAX works fine. Many of our applications require the plugin, so we are looking for a fix.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Rajender,

Thanks for your reply.

We have more than 120 apps and we would have to have a different macro for each chart in the app.

We need a fix for the Send to Excel feature, not a workaround.

dgreenberg
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

marcus_sommer

If we check this error-message in google:

https://www.google.de/search?q=do+not+grant+Local+Activation+permission+for+the+COM+Server+applicati...

we will see that's not an uncommon error and that the reason are missing rights either caused through the probably adjusted policies for Windows 10 or through any conflicts by the installation. The suggested solutions seems to be all to adjust it within the registry.

I think that the restrictions for the users are too strict and that something essential to call excel as tool is blocked.

- Marcus

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Marcus,

We will present this to our tech team for testing.

If all works out, I will mark this response as correct.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II
Author

After adding our Accesspoint URL to Trusted Sites, all problems with the plugin were resolved.