Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server Licence Key, enable desktop?

Hi All

We've just been sent our license keys for our enterprise server that includes multiple doc and user cal licenses.

We are still in the process of procuring our hardware for the server.  I thought I could use the license key to enable a couple of desktop machines in the meantime but it wont work - I receive an error "Qlikview was unable to acquire valid license information for your license key.  Please contact Qlikview support for assistance".

Please can anyone tell me the issue, is this not something I can do?

Thanks

Dominic

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You Would need to get your enterprise server up and lease your desktop licenses from that

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You Would need to get your enterprise server up and lease your desktop licenses from that

gmoraleswit
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Dominic,

You can install qlikview server and apply the license on a laptop or desktop machine, but you can not use the license on a qlikview desktop client.

Not applicable
Author

I thought that might be the case - been developing a long time but never not had a server.  Thanks

krishnaroopa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

We recently moved to QV 12, the server and desktop are all fine and working well. All of sudden, today when i opened the desktop client, it throws error "Qlikvew was unable to acquire valid license information for the license key" Don't know what happened?

I tried updating the license from server, restarted services, even reinstalled desktop.. with no results..

Please advise what could be reason and how to resolve.

Thanks

KRS