Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server Requirements to share folder between QVS and QDS on 2 servers

Hi all,

I have currently QVS and Publisher on a same Windows 2008 R2 server .

I would like to separate them on two different Windows 2008 R2 servers and want that Publisher distribute the QVW files directly on the QVS.

Currently, the "network discovery" is turned off on the existing Server. It seems that it is a blocking point to implement the new architecture.

For example, currently, we cannot generate our log files on an external disk mounted as a drive on the window server. In the QMC, the drive cannot be seen.

Can someone confirm me that the "network discovery" has to be turned on and that there is no other workaround ?

Thank you in advanced.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Benjamin,

You state "For example, currently, we cannot generate our log files on an external disk mounted as a drive on the window server. In the QMC, the drive cannot be seen." This is normal. Service accounts do not understand mapped drives. You have to use the UNC path to your shares. \\servername\sharename.

You do not have to enable network Discovery for Publisher to work.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Network Discovery does not need to be enabled.

However, what kind of share rights do you have on the disc/folder ?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Benjamin,

You state "For example, currently, we cannot generate our log files on an external disk mounted as a drive on the window server. In the QMC, the drive cannot be seen." This is normal. Service accounts do not understand mapped drives. You have to use the UNC path to your shares. \\servername\sharename.

You do not have to enable network Discovery for Publisher to work.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

To illustrate the problem.Z: cannot be browsed in the QMC for exampleSharing Problem.png

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is true, services can't see mapped drives. Use the "My Network Places" to find your share.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bill.

If i input the path to the folder manually, it works.