Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II

Server Speed Slow

Our QlikView server installation performance is poor and would like to know of any quick wins to speed it up

What is the best way to approach the analysis? Is there a set process of deduction that i could use to diagnose any problems? Is there anything specific to look for in the log files?

The QlikView documents are held on a distribution server (QlikView03) which is separate from the from the main QlikView server (QlikView).  I have spent most of the day taking calls from people who are concerned that there dashboards have not been refreshed.

We have 33 dashboards that are refreshed daily (ie 24 hours behind) at specific times and 11 that are refreshed though out the day at intervals ranging from 5 to 360 minutes. This issue does not seem to be consistent on some days it works without needing a restart. Today was exceptional I restarted the service on QlikView03 several times and not all dashboards have been refreshed today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kev

13 Replies
marcus_sommer

If I understand you right then worked this system - distribution server (QlikView03) - on some days and on other days it don't worked, right? This excludes that the essential things from the installing to the run of this system is complete wrong and that this issue is temporary.

The reasons for this could be that network- and/or database-connections are slow or instable (timeouts or task-hanging could be follow as well as then further tasks are starting which block each other or ...) or that further processes run then to this time (indexing, windows shadow copies, group policy tasks and many other more).

I suggest that you check and compare the windows event log and the qlikview logging and to have a look on the RAM workload on this server (maybe the working set settings within the qmc needs to be adjusted) then when qlikview swapped data into the virtual RAM it will be very slow.

- Marcus

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus,

The server installation is split across the 2 servers, so everything apart from Distribution is on server 01 and distribution is on server 03

It seems to be that tasks are not working unless the services are restarted everyday.  Added to that the apps deployed on the server run slowly but that could be down to the apps themselves?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kevin

So are saying your problem is re the Distribution tasks as opposed to End User performance via AccessPoint ?

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

the performance is slow via the access point but I think the main issue is with the tasks not refreshing in QMC. The fact that the apps are slow is a problem too but to a lesser extent

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kevin

In the QMC can you if your Tasks are succeeding, failing and any other useful info ?

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I can ask for the logs if it would be usefulRSCH-QlikView_Coding_Completness.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click on the blue underlined timestamp to the left of where the Status is failed it should bring up the log for that task.

Could you copy / paste one of them in here ?

marcus_sommer

If I look on this screenshot it reminds me on my case with too many parallel tasks respectively a too long waiting-time (45 min 1 sec), see: Server-Task delaying

- Marcus

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The task "Reload and Distribute of Information Services\Medical_Records.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

07/10/2015 15:12:39 Error   The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=\\RSCH-QLIKVIEW03\SourceDocuments\Information Services\Medical_Records.qvw.

07/10/2015 15:12:40 Error   The task "Reload and Distribute of Information Services\Medical_Records.qvw" failed. Exception:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=\\RSCH-QLIKVIEW03\SourceDocuments\Information Services\Medical_Records.qvw.

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)