Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II

Server Upgrade from 11.20 SR4 to 12.10 SR7: user compatibility for 32bit Windows users

I am planning to upgrade QV server 11.20.SR4 into 12.10.SR7 in due course. Windows 32-bit users have no client of V12.10, but 11.20 SR17. Does it mean we will need to force 32bit Windows users to use AJAX/Web without option of desktop client?

Also would you agree that I should notify all QlikView developers to refrain all macro (or remove), to ensure compatibility?

I should highly appreciate for your advisory in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Atsushi,

Correct, there isn't a QlikView Desktop client  32bit option. Users with 32bit operating systems will only be able to consume QVWs via the AccessPoint.

Macro usage on QVWs opened on the AccessPoint can differ greatly than when used with the QlikView Desktop client, especially in the AJAX client. So, I'd be cautious be judicious with macros.

Hope this helps,

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello Atsushi,

Correct, there isn't a QlikView Desktop client  32bit option. Users with 32bit operating systems will only be able to consume QVWs via the AccessPoint.

Macro usage on QVWs opened on the AccessPoint can differ greatly than when used with the QlikView Desktop client, especially in the AJAX client. So, I'd be cautious be judicious with macros.

Hope this helps,

-Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!