Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server V10 install problem with domain user

QlikView Server 10 is available on the download site in GA (general availability)!

But, when we try to install it with a domain user account, it can't connect to my domain. I confirmed that the server is connected to the domain, since other programs on the server can browse domain users. QlikView setup can't.

I know this server can do it, because I just uninstalled Server V9, and it was configured this way.

Is this something to do with V10, or is it possible that something else in my server configuration is wrong?

Thanks,
Gary

8 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The domain user has to be part of the Administrator Group on the local machine. If you are using the same account that you used in version 9 this should be set. When you did the install, the user you used was it a Domain Admin? There could be policies on the server that caused a bad installation.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We used the same domain account as with version 9, which we literally installed (and uninstalled) on the same machine hours before.

The user is not a Domain Admin by design. It is however a member of the local Administrators group.

I was really baffled by it. After the install, we got everything working, then we went to the Services and changed the account the services run under from Administrator (which we performed the install with), and switched them to the domain user, restarted the services, and it worked with no problem. Something was blocking the install program from seeing the domain user at the time of install. Could be a fluke. I will post back here if I see it happen again.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thanks for the feed back. Please keep us update.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We are having the same issue as well. Were you able to replicate it? I tried it on 2 different servers with the same result (to see if something was missing on one or other server).

Not applicable
Author

I have done several installs of Server version 10, including one today, and I have not replicated this since the original time I had the problem. I assume it had something to do with that original server environment, but I was never able to figure out the cause.

Regardless, you can install without setting up a domain user, and modify the service account in the services control panel later.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

When you change accounts running services, there might be no configuration files and registry settings for the new account. In this case QV creates default settings, and those might work fine as you noticed. Maybe there was something wrong with the settings from previous QV version.

When upgrading, it is good idea to manually delete (or rename) registry entries, relevant folders under C:\Documents and Settings\ .. and under C:\Program Files. And set the desired options later.

-Alex

Not applicable
Author

Alex,

Thanks for the note. The "bug" is not related to switching the accounts. It's that the QlikView installer doesn't recognize a domain user account, which forces you to install with a local user and switch it later. The switching is not a problem either, as long as both users are members of the local Administrators group.

By the way, the (un)installer for version 10 of Server and Publisher does a good job of clearing out previous registry entries. You don't have to do it manually anymore.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

aprexpert -

Did these two servers have a previous version of QlikView Server/Publisher on them, or is this a fresh OS install?

Thanks
Gary