cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server V10 "Session Recovery"?

From the new V10 "QlikView Server Reference Manual.pdf":

Session recovery
There is now a setting on QlikView Server enabling intelligent session recovery for Ajax and mobile clients. When this setting is used, the current selection state for each user will be saved when a session is ended and re-applied the next time the same user reconnects to the same document. This feature is currently "all or nothing", meaning that it affects all users and all documents on a server.

But it doesn't mention it anywhere in the rest of the PDF, nor can I find a setting in Server V10 that controls it.

Anybody know how to configure this setting?

Thanks,
Gary Strader
Centerstance

13 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a hidden bookmark that controls this.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

So is it not actually a "setting"? Is it always on, or can you disable it?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Right now you can not change it. You can put in a feature request, if you think it should be able to change this.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I actually don't want to change it. But by calling it a "setting" implies that you can set it. 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary,

There is a checkbox called 'Prohibit Session Recovery' on the Documents tab when setting the Server properties in QEMC. This will let you turn it off.

Not applicable
Author

Matt,

It was right under my nose and I didn't see it. Also, it's conspicuously absent from the new Server PDF documentation. No mention of this setting in there.

I wanted to verify this as the answer, however, when I tested checking and unchecking this checkbox, and reloading the application, it doesn't matter what this setting is set to. It always saves session state regardless. I actually don't have a need to throw away session state, and am very thankful that QlikTech fixed this feature in v10. Maybe this checkbox will become functional in a future service release.

Thanks!
Gary

Not applicable
Author

I DO have a need to do this. We do not want users' last selections to remain present everytime they go back to a document.

Are you serious that the "Prohibit Session Recovery" has no effect?!?

Not applicable
Author

I'm serious. It's very easy to test - will you try it in your environment and let us know if checking the checkbox has any effect or not? And then post your findings to the forums.

Thanks,
Gary

Not applicable
Author

Checking the "prohibit session recovery" box appears to be working.

Documentation is seriously lacking on this one, QlikTech.

For reference, I tested it with QV10 / Ajax client / IE8.