Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server has no user CAL

Hello, I'm sort of new to QlikView, so bear with me if this one seems a little silly.

Licensing layout: I replaced someone else where I work and should (in theory) be getting his QV licenses (QV Enterprise is installed on my new machine).

Problem #1 - Less important: We couldn't get QV to work under his license number on my machine, so we re-used another of our admins' licenses (already in use on his machine) for the software installation on my machine. QV Enterprise works fine on my machine now, and we actually have paid for all of the licenses for the copies that are in use now, but it'd be nice to be able to use the actual license I'm supposed to have.

Problem#2 - Bigger concern: When I try to pull up a dashboard from the web portal, I get the message:
Access denied! The server (QlikViewServerName) has no USER CAL for your account. Please contact your system administrator.

My name and user ID have been added to the file that handles all of our security rights administration, and my user ID has replaced his on the file that contains our licenses (not sure if this file is used by the app or if this is just something local within our intranet). Is there some step somewhere that we're missing?

Thanks!
Holly Markel 🙂

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi there Amien,

I just noticed that no one ever really answered your question. 🙂 I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but I know that what I've been told and what I've seen are two different things. What I've been told is that for each person on each machine, you need a separate CAL, but what I've seen is that I can (now that I'm finally able to use my own license 😉 ) use my same license number on any machine that I log in on for QV Enterprise. I also know that even once I was able to get my CAL to work on QV Enterprise, the web interface (I.E. plugin) wouldn't take my license key until we removed the user CAL from my predecessor's account on the server.

Does that help?

Holly M.