Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Server timing sessions out (using via F5)

Hi All,

We're deployed with all of our timeout settings set to 30mins, but users are still getting dropped after 5 mins:

20161125T151313.000Z20161128T104431.000Z4700InformationSession stop reason: Socket closed by client
20161125T151313.000Z20161128T104431.000Z4100NoticeCAL usage: Named CAL session for user "DOMAIN\ADAM.DAVIES" stopped

We do access via an F5 which we think is the issue but just want to confirm that the above message is Qlik thinking the user has disconnected and not Qlik disconnecting the user?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

And the answer for anyone who comes here in the future was

There's a global tcp profile for all tcp sessions outbound that has an idle timeout of 360 secs

View solution in original post

21 Replies
michael123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Probably user disconnect. You can check yourself, for that user at that time, in the sessions log created in the same catalogue as the eventlog.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Ok bit more info

The user above is me, I just left the browser window open for 5 mins and it (consistently) times out

This is on our server which sits in the DMZ running QVWS

If I connect directly to the server using our internal FQDN then I don't get timeouts, that server is running IIS

Our technical chap says he can see the TCP closing but it is coming from the client not the F5 so it must be something else

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This is probably something outside qvs. Have you tried with different browsers?

michael123
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You have 30 in the <SessionCookieTimeOut> in QVWS config?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

That is my assumption as well, but we are using V12 so could be a bug....

Yeah Chrome, ie and firefox

tresesco
MVP
MVP

While publishing it in DMZ, is there any reverse proxy? Could there be any settings that could cause it?

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

could be actually, I thought i had altered it to 600 but looks like it is 30 (Qvs is 600)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

there could be, but thats beyond my technical knowledge!

I just checked all browsers again and I didn't get kicked with IE.... retesting now as I might have been too quick off the mark

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

nah, IE was tricking me I think!