Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Session lost

Hello everyone

We are using QlikView Release 11.00.11282.0409.10 on a single server (Windows 2008 R2). It happens often that users on Monday get the error message "session lost" when they try to access their QlikView apps.

I have investigated all logfiles on the server (session, event and performance), but I'm not sure what I should look for? But cannot see anything that could be related to this error!?

Usually and as a workaround we reboot the whole server and it helps everytime! Does anyone know about this issue, a better workaround (maybe just restarting the QlikView services...), or any proactive action to prevent this incident?

Best regards

Labels (1)
9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Try by selecting server perform refresh automatically without client action from Document properties of your application.

Look at the attached image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

try to check weither you plug in is same as qlikview version.

Sunil Chauhan
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi , you can change and set the session timeout for each document

in the QMC, go to document tab, and then the PERFORMANCE tab , then set the max timeout in seconds

good luck!

Fernando

see this QlikView Session lost

good luck

Fernando

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Is it a particular QVW? What does the events logs say when the issue occurs. If you have a virtual memory error or Inconsistency errors then it is most likely memory.

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

The QlikView version is: 11.00.11282.0. The end users use different AJAX:

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1 browser.chrome

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1 browser.gecko 21

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1 browser.MSIE 7.0

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1 browser.MSIE 8.0

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1 browser.MSIE 9.0

· Ajax QvWS 11.0.11282.0 SR1 browser.MSIE 10.

and very rarely: Windows Exe.

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

It is already done, and the value is 1800 sec.

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

In the Event log I very often see the following error message:

1. Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected.

2. Extensions: Failed to load extension. Make sure it is available at the correct location

The error no. 2 is not related to only one QVW but several apps.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

1) you might be running out short of ram.

2) Can you confirm you still have extension in the respective path on qlikview server.

Do you have 32 bit environment or 64 bit?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The lost session I bet is being cause by the server restart. There is an issue with a document

1.    Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected. This is when Qlik gets a general exception on deletion of a dynamic array. Normal fixed by upgrading.

2.    Extensions: Failed to load extension. Make sure it is available at the correct location  There was a bug in the older version that has been corrected.

11.11282 Is a very old version of the software. You need to look at upgrading.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.