Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Doubt

Hi,

We have a chart displaying time duration for a drilldown(Customer,division etc) over a no of steps. Now when a particular division is selected and a step is selected, we want to see the duration for all other divisions for the particular step. Can this be done using Set Analysis.

I tried Avg({$<step={'*'}>}{1-$}duration). It shows the result for all other divisions but it remains the same for any step i choose. Anyone having any ideas. Thank you.

7 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe this?

avg({<division=E()>} duration)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. But it is still the same. Maybe making two selections is affecting the set Analysis

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

avg({<Division=E()>} total Duration)

That seems to work in the attached example.  If that's not what you meant, I'll need further explanation, preferably in the form of modifying the example to demonstrate both the problem you're having and the result you expect.

Not applicable
Author

In this example when i choose B, it shows only B values. What We want to see is when B is selected, we want to see data for everything except B(In this case A). So i tried using {1-$} before the total duration, but it doesn't work. The value remains same for all the steps.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

See the attached example.  I've added Division C.

Now, if you select division B, step 1, the FIRST chart (which was the first expression I gave you), shows instead divisions A and C, and the average duration for each for step 1.  That's what I initially thought you wanted.

But you didn't like that answer, so I guessed that maybe you instead wanted an overall average of A and C's step 1 on the same line as division B.  That's the second expression, shown in the second chart.

If you don't want to see A and C's data separately, and you don't want to see it with B, then where DO you want to see it? 

Or... you mention the value remaining the same for all the steps.  In your initial explanation, you said you were selecting a specific step ("and a step is selected").  Is that NOT the case now?  So you want to NOT select a step, JUST a division, and see the average for A and C associated with the step on the line in the chart?  In that case, this seems to work:

aggr(nodistinct avg({<Division=E()>} Duration),Step)

Right or wrong, I'm done playing guessing games.  I won't be replying to this thread again.

Not applicable
Author

Well. There seems to be some misunderstanding. Anyway Thanks for the reply.

Not applicable
Author

It seems to be working now. What would we do if we need to include a cyclic group(division is a part of cyclic group)?