Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Setting up user authenication in qlikview with AD i fuser domain and server domain are different

Dear Team,

One of my new client want to set up user authentication with AD in Qlikivew.

Clients domain and Server domain are different.

Can you please let me know  How would qlilview recognise the users are valid  and

how to  add groups which aren't in the same domain as the server.?

8 Replies
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi ,

I did check this .

application can be integrated with AD. However the details for the parameters and format required from AD at the application end, not found in this document.

, does the server/application has to be joined to the domain or it can be configured without?

Simply if I go to QMC->DSC->and add AD LDAP will it connect ?

2) What is user and password ? do I nned tp add individual userid and password?

3) is there any port/firewall issue which can prevent this?

Looking to get assist on this too.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

I think you need to create trust between two domain.

And As Far as I remember Qlik 11.2 sr6 onward ( Not sure about the SR) Qlik Supports cross domain authentication.

May be bbt‌ can confirm this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Ashfaq and Avinash,

With the help of IT team we are adding ou Qlikview server to the Clients domain environment.

Now  what next stepos we nned to follow in order to get client can connect to qlikview access point?

Will clients users can be authenticated now automatically as now they are on same domain.

or we nEED TO add AD through QMC->DSC.

Please assist the next steps we nned to follow ?

aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear  Avinash,

With the help of IT team we are adding ou Qlikview server to the Clients domain environment.

Now  what next stepos we nned to follow in order to get client can connect to qlikview access point?

Will clients users can be authenticated now automatically as now they are on same domain.

or we nEED TO add AD through QMC->DSC.

Please assist the next steps we nned to follow ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ashfaq is right. Access from multiple domains is supported in QlikView. QVS doesn't do the authentication, AD does. Therefor the trust relationships are really necessary.

Add a DSC entry (connection to an LDAP server) for every new domain from which users should get a CAL. AD will to the rest.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

A DSC entry that can contact the correct (now single) domain is always necessary, or you will not be able to assign CALs or distribute to specific users.

The users will still be authenticated automatically (if you have SSO) mainly by reason of being done outside QlikView (by AD).

So the answer isn't OR/OR but AND/AND.

Best,

Peter