Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Shared Server Objects

What is the shared Server Objects? How to create this shared objects? How do we share an object?

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

that´s what I have found in the Server Reference Manual:

User objects and shared objects
It is now possible for an end-user to add sheet objects when working with a
document on QlikView Server. Objects may be created in the usual manner
but will be stored in a repository file, located in the same folder as the document
on the server. Your personal sheet objects will be available for roaming
from any computer where you work as an authenticated user. These objects
can always be found in the My Server Objects page of the Server Objects
dialog (Layout menu). Furthermore, you may flag any of your personal
server objects as shared to other users. That means that they will appear on
the Shared Server Objects page of the Server Objects dialog. Other users'
shared objects will be available to you in the same manner. This functionality
will be available to Enterprise and Professional users with exe or IE plugin
client only.

*****************************************************************************************

In your document properties you have to check "Allow Server Objects".

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

here are the second part of my answer:

if you have opend an application via QV plugin you now able to create an object and share it with others.

You will find this menue by right clicking on the most right button: Server Objects

Hope this will help you!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Iam not able to crete any server objects through the IE plugin . The server Objects dialog box seems to be empty. The "Allow Server Objects" option is also enabled in the enterprise. Could you please guide me how to create an shared object in both the IE plugin as well as enterprise? The shared objects menu is disabled in the enterprise even after the option Allow Server Objects" option is also enabled in the enterprise

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please clarify the following queries regarding the Shared Server Objects

1. Why the option "shared objects" from the Layout menu is disabled in the enterprise even after the option Allow Server Objects" option is enabled in the 8.5 enterprise?

2. When Iam seeing an empty dialog box in the Shared objects box when selecting the Shared objects box menu in the IE plugin?

3. Would this dialog box displays all the sheet objects created so far in the report?

4. Where does the shared server objects reside? What is the difference between the shared server objects and normal sheet objects?

5. What is the advantages of creating shared objects?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

please have a look if the option "Allow Server Collaboration" is checked in the QV Server Management Console.

That´s also required to be able to create server objects.

Server objects are only shown in the "Collaboration Pane" if you open the application in a browser or a fat client by "Open in Server".

The reason for this is that the necessary information are stored in a shared file on server side (ApplicationName.QVW.Shared)

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The "Allow Server Collaboration" is checked in the QlikView Server Management Console. Even after this, the user is not able to see his shared server objects in the Server Objects box.

Please clarify

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

from my point of view it´s a support question now.

Please check with QlikTech support if in former QV 8.5 versions a problem as you described exists.

Or if you want install the new QV 8.5 SR5 service release (8.50.6299; http://www.qlik.com/download/).

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rainer,

Thanks . It is working now. The thing is I could not be able to see the shared objects created by me. But other users could be able to see it. This is the reason I was not able to see the Shared objects.

One more clarification, One of the user is getting the error" Communication link Failure" when he is trying to access the Shared Server Objects .
Why he is getting this error? What needs to be done?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Sorry,

but I don´t have an idea what´s going wrong.

Please ask the QV support people.

Rainer