Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheduling Qlikview document with out QEMC

Hi all,

I have created a qlikview document. i am not having QEMC installed can anyone help how to shedule a qlikview file with out QEMC and publish to Access point. I heard from my senior as we can do using windows sheduler.

2 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

From the QlikView reference manual which you will have in the program files folder of your desktop installation: C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation

p41:

6.1 Command Line Syntax

The QlikView command line invocation can be described by the following syntax

(for a description of the syntax notation used, see page 535 in Book III):

[ path ] Qv.exe [ { switch } documentfile ]

The path is the path to the file, either absolute, or relative to the current directory.

documentfile::= [ path ] documentfilename

documentfilename is the name of your document file.

switch is used to mark different options:

/r

Reload switch. The document will be opened and the script

reloaded. Thereafter the document will be saved, and QlikView will

close itself.

/rp

The same as above, but with a partial reload.

/l

Load new data. The document will be opened and the script

reloaded. The document will not be saved and QlikView will remain

open.

/lp

The same as above, but with a partial reload.

/v

If this switch is immediately followed by a variable name and an

assignment, the variable will obtain the assigned value before the

script execution starts.

/nodata

Opens the document without variables, table and field data. This

feature is also available for previously opened documents on the

Start Page, see page 43.

/NoSecurity

Overrides QlikView security measures against hostile macros and

scripts embedded in QlikView documents. No warning dialogs

prompting the user to accept potentially harmful code will be

shown. Use this switch with caution and only with well-known documents.

Example:

qv.exe /r /vMyvar=123 abc.qvw

Note In order to avoid error messages to appear when executing scripts in

batch mode, always set the script variable errormode to 0 in the

script (see page 358)

Hope this helps,

Jason

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

My obvious question is "Why" do you want to schedule a reload task without using QEMC and Publisher?

If you do not have the QlikView Server components installed (eg you're using Personal Edition without any licences, or without any Server infrastructure) then yes, you can certainly invoke QlikView Desktop from the command-line in a Batch file to perform a reload (QV.exe /R filename.qvw).

If you do have the Server components installed somewhere, then use of the approach above consumes a Named CAL. You can use the QlikView Reload Engine (or Publisher) to perform Reloads managed through the QlikView Management Console and scheduled internally, or triggered from another Scheduler outside QlikView using EDX (see http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2650). You can also invoke the QlikView Distribution Service from a command-line or batch file to perform a document Reload (QvDistributionService.exe -r=filename.qvw) and none of these methods consume a User CAL.

I find it odd that you want to distribute to AccessPoint (therefore you DO have some QlikView Server infrastructure) yet you don't want to use the QEMC to manage your Reload tasks. Perhaps you merely want integration with an external Scheduler - in which case define your Reload Task in QEMC and use EDX integration from your Enterprise Scheduler to trigger the QlikView Reload Task. Any other approach will devolve into unmanageable chaos quite easily.