Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet Tabs Do Not Show with IE Plug-In Client (9.00 SR3 client vs 7.52 QVS)

We are planing on starting the upgrade of all our clients to 9.00 SR3 before we proceed with QVS9.00 SR3.

We have a major problem where the tabs don't show in our applications.

I've had different people, using different applications on different computers report this problem. Sometimes, closing all Internet Explorer sessions and reopening solves the problem. It is very random but occurs frequently.

error loading image

We have tryed deleting offline content, temporary files, etc... without success.

This is happening with both IE 6 SP1 & Sp2 and IE 8 so does not appear to be browser related.

Any help, hints you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Quick update... we found out that setting the zoom manually will make the tabs reappear.

So I tryed to write a simple macro to reset the zoom to 100% on all sheets and it does work on 7.52 but the it doesn't work on the 9.00 SR3 plugin.

I tryed setting the zoom factor to both 1 and 100. 7.52 values range from 1 to 100 and QV9 seems now 0.1 to 1.

sub ResetZoom
set mysheet=ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet
set sp=mysheet.GetProperties
sp.ZoomFactor = 1
mysheet.SetProperties sp
mysheet.ApplyZoomToAllSheets
end sub

So we are still stuck..

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Quick update... we found out that setting the zoom manually will make the tabs reappear.

So I tryed to write a simple macro to reset the zoom to 100% on all sheets and it does work on 7.52 but the it doesn't work on the 9.00 SR3 plugin.

I tryed setting the zoom factor to both 1 and 100. 7.52 values range from 1 to 100 and QV9 seems now 0.1 to 1.

sub ResetZoom
set mysheet=ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet
set sp=mysheet.GetProperties
sp.ZoomFactor = 1
mysheet.SetProperties sp
mysheet.ApplyZoomToAllSheets
end sub

So we are still stuck..

Not applicable
Author

I don't think macro's will work even with the IE plugin. Only in the client. We had this issue when using the plugin and we moved to ajax.

Not applicable
Author

All the macro was missing is this line...

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

Issue solved. Thanks for your input.