Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattparker
Contributor III
Contributor III

Simple Upgrade? QV12.0 to QV12.20

Hello everyone!

My company uses QlikView 12.0 on our server, pushing applications out to our team by means of the QlikView Publisher and QlikView Access Point.

I wish to upgrade to version 12.20, but I have never done such a thing on our end.  I've gone to our Value Added Reseller and asked them what it would cost to do a simple upgrade, and now I'm jumping through hoops.

My question: Is it easy to upgrade our QlikView server from 12.0 to 12.20 of the QlikView program?  I have read the posts about making a snapshot of the server (which I've done) to prepare for the worst.  Is it as simple as downloading the 12.20 SR4 Server Edition and installing it?  Any and all help is appreciated.  If I need to provide more information, please ask and I will promptly respond.

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

3 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Matt,

it is simple and you should have no issues performing this internally, just checkout the following:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Pr...

Andy off you go!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may want to perform a backup of C:\ProgramData\QlikTech. I'm not sure if 12.x and 12.2 are really considered updates in the same series, but upgrading QlikView server is often an uninstall/reinstall job. If you changed anything else than the configuration data in the aforementioned directory (for example a company logo on the AP), then you may want to backup the other installation directories as well.

Also keep in mind that there is a new Shared file format that is way more reliable than the old one. The old one will keep working, but if your company is a heavy user of Server Objects, consider switching to the new TShared format..

Best,

Peter

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Be sure to also backup %ProgramFiles%\QlikView directory in addition to %ProgramData%\QlikTech. The %ProgramFiles%\QlikView directory contains the .config files for the QV services, so if changes were made to QDS Chunk Size, for example, you'll want to have these files for reference. By default, the QV services .config files are reset to default value upon upgrade.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!