Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

The slider object is not available in QlikView Server 9 for zero-footprint ajax in modern browsers. If your clients are using Windows Internet Explorer 8 and the zero-footprint ajax client for QlikView, then they should explicitly set the Compatibility View option in their Tools menu of Internet Explorer 8.

The problem is easy to see by going to the QlikView demo pages and running the "What's New in QlikView 9" demonstration. Click the Budget tab and switch between normal and compatibility mode and the slider appears and disappears.

I hope this posting saves other developers time and effort. It unfortunately took me a while to track down this problem to a browser setting.

I reviewed the QV documentation but could find no reference to this bug. I have also tested and this bug is in the new quarantined version of QlikView Server 9 SR2.

Matt Clark

8 Replies
wenchia
New Contributor III

Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

A client of mine woule like to upgrade IE from 7 to 8 on the server with QlikView server 9 installed. Will it be ok to do so? Is there any issues that I need to concern?

Thanks

Chia

Not applicable

Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

I did receive verification from two QlikTech staff members that this is a known problem, but this information is not public on the web site or in documentation. I would recommend NOT upgrading from IE 7 to IE 8 if your QlikView solution contains sliders. If this is an intranet project and you have control over your user web browsers, then you can perhaps force everyone to use the compatibility mode.

Note that there does exist the possibility of adding the appropriate <meta..> tag for compatibility mode into the HTML delivered by the QlikView server. I have not explored this solution but believe it could be done (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288325%28VS.85%29.aspx).

The slider has other problems as well: the tooltip ignores the setting of the numeric format, for example I had tickmark values in percent but the tooltip showed values not in percent in both IE and FireFox web browsers.

I hope this helps - perhaps this will be cleaned up in the next service release package.

Matt

Not applicable

Re. :Re: Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

Hi Matthew,

What do you suggest to avoid this bug?

Which Object can we use to simulate a variation of parameter on the web (except slider of course)

Thousands thx for your help

Gilles

Not applicable

Re. :Re: Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

Hi Gilles,

Unfortunately I don't have a workaround. I mentioned the possibility of the <meta...> tag, but I have not investigated more. The client for whom I developed the QV solution decided to leave it as a known issue and wait for the next service release. This is known as the low-cost solution.

As for an alternative input object, I do not have a better suggestion.

Sorry I could not be more help. If you find a better solution, please share it!

Matt

Not applicable

Re. :Re: Re. :Re: Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

Thx Matthew for your contribution I solved this issue in using a combo box list where i can select a variable

Gilles

Not applicable

Re. :Re: Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

Does this issue apply to version 8.5 of the plugin as well? Also, does it affect the Calendar object?

Thanks,

Michael

Not applicable

Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

I never faced such problems with internet explorer 8.

This may be a problem with the server.


ERP Consulting
SAP ERP Consultants

Not applicable

Slider not working in QV Server 9 and Internet Explorer 8

This is a problem with Qlikview Server and the Qlikview javascript used for Worbench. The Qlikview javascript is throwing an error when it tries to import the namespace for VML. There is a workaround for this if you can modify your html page to include the following line of code in your head tag.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src='/Javascript/jquery/jquery-1.4.2.min.js'></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
if ($.browser.msie) { // use jquery to do browser check
if ($.browser.version >= "8.0") {
document.namespaces.add('v', 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml', "#default#VML");
} else {
document.namespaces.add('v', 'urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml');
}
}
</script>
</head>

This fixed the issue in both IE7 and IE8.
Community Browser