Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

karthikmungi3
Not applicable

Some of the document cals assigned to a document are deleted, how can I know which user as done that?

Hi,

How to know which user has deleted some cals to a document and when? This information has to be in some log. Can someone say where to find this info?Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Some of the document cals assigned to a document are deleted, how can I know which user as done that?

If you have enabled enough detailed logging you will see this in the QVS Events log like this:

CAL allocation audit: "<CALUSER>" deleted from document "<DOC>" by "<ADMINUSER>"

karthikmungi3
Not applicable

Re: Some of the document cals assigned to a document are deleted, how can I know which user as done that?

I have something like this

NoticeCAL allocation: Document ***** named CAL (not used for 24 hours) "*****" deleted - ok

BUt I don't have the user name who has done that or is there a setting in qlikview which deletes licenses automatically .

peter_turner
Not applicable

Only people how are in the 'QlikView Administrators' local group on your server can do this, that might narrow it down a little.

Unfortunately you cannot see who deleted the licence in the logs, only that it was removed. You might be able to find something in the windows system logs such as if a user RDP'd onto the server, but they could always just use the QMC from their local machine so it would not show anyway.

Bill_Britt
Not applicable

You can turn on Audit logging for the QMC and that should show you.

Bill

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.