Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Some users not able to edit properties on user-created objects in QV10 IE client

Hi all. So we just upgraded to QlikView 10 and are seeing some odd issues. One thing that came up was this. It used to be that if a user wanted to edit a chart in the IE plugin, they could create a copy of an existing chart and then right click and go to Properties. Now, the users can still create the copy, but the new copy doesn't allow them to go to the properties. They get the same restricted set of options as the original object. Any ideas? Thanks!

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Settings, Sheet Properties, Security : Make sure that the 'Access Sheet Object Properties' is selected.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Dinesh. I verified that in fact, that setting is checked. All of the items under User Privileges are selected for all sheets. What else could I try?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Settings, Document Properties, Security : Access Document Properties (Users). We usually have a 'Sandbox' sheet where users can copy paste and edit. Can you try to create a new sheet and have users copy the object to the new sheet and see if they can access? I am trying to see if the problem is at the sheet level of the document level.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You mentioned 'Some Users' having problem, does that also mean that 'Other Users' can access the properties without any problem? If so, do you have any user level security in the document?

Regards,

Dinesh.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dinesh. So I checked the document also and the access user object properties option was checked. We had a user create a new sheet and then copy and paste the object there and still couldn't access the properties. One thing I noticed was this problem only occurs in one subfolder, with a particular access group. Users that are in this one AD group see this problem, but other users accessing qvw's in other folders and in other groups don't see it. What could be the problem here?

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you do some tests to find out of it is a subfolder or an AD problem? One suggestion I do have is to change the subfolder and see if 'problem user' continue to have problem.

Dinesh.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Did you solved this problem ?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

when you create a copy of object, it will ask you for two options

1) Create a copy

2) create a link.

If you select link you cannot alter it.

If you select create a copy then you can edit that chart.

Hope it helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This question is only show when using Ajax Interface. When using Plugin it

simply create a new linked object.

2011/7/18 ashfaq_haseeb <qliktech@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

QlikCommunity <http://community.qlik.com/index.jspa> Re: Some

users not able to edit properties on user-created objects in QV10 IE client created

by ashfaq_haseeb <http://community.qlik.com/people/ashfaq_haseeb> in *Deployment

and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)* - View the full

discussion <http://community.qlik.com/message/133435#133435>