Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort Priority Column Bug

Hi!

I have a problem with the published version. I set up a sort column priorities but to get on the website and make a recharge via publisher the pre-settings are not maintained.

However, their behavior is not stable because it does not happen in all tables.

I've done a lot of combinations several times but no one has an effect.

By the way, I am currently developing on the SR5 version, it may be a bug in the version?

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Carlos,

There are some bugs documented and fixed in SR6 and SR7 related to sorting. However, I'm not sure if I understand your issue: you build a QVW file and sort a column in a chart. Then you publish this app to the Server and what you see is different to what you stored?

• Are you using section access?
  • Are you using calculated dimensions or sorting by expression?
  • Is that a straight table or a pivot table?
  • Are you able to manually sort the chart using the double click in the label of the column in the Ajax client?

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

This is my situation. And answering to your questions:

• Yes, i'm using section access.
  • I'm using always calculated dimensions to set the priority.
  • Some tables are straight and some others not.
  • Yes, I allow this feature.

Carlos

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Using section access means that some records will be removed depending on the user logging in, therefore the sorting should be actually different depending on the user. This is the behavior I'd expect.

Sorting with calculated dimensions is not a good idea (not to mention performance issues): take a look at bug #66210 fixed in 11.20 SR6 and its corresponding text in the Reference Manual sectino 50.5 Chart Properties, Dimension Limits.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The behavior is as described, there is a different configuration depending on the user. Although we are not accessing via AJAX, we access by the Explorer Plugin.

And thank you by the reference of the bug #66210, I will look it!