Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suspend CAL License

Good Morning, in my company we have about 70 User Cal on Qlikview Enterprise Server.

We also have a Maintenance agreement that the cost is based also on the number of the CAL.

Since that the next year we will use only 20 of this 70, can I suspend 50 Cal in order to save money on the Maintenance fee?

Thank you very much.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should be able to cancel the excess licenses by contacting your Qlik Sales Rep. Note that this would be a cancellation, not suspension. If you ever wanted the licenses back you would need to purchase them again at the current price.

I've never heard of a temporary suspension of maintenance, but I don't work the Sales side. If you feel you have an unusual case, contact your Qlik Sales rep and see what can be done.

-Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies
quwok
Creator III
Creator III

In your QlikView Management Console, go to System > Licenses and select your QlikView Server on the left. On the right side, on the Client Access Licenses (CALs) tab, on the Limitations sub-tab, tick the Limit number of CALs and enter your requirements.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

That is not an answer to his question.

He is not asking how to limit the automatic CAL assignment. He is asking about how to reduce his service costs.

May you live in interesting times!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should be able to cancel the excess licenses by contacting your Qlik Sales Rep. Note that this would be a cancellation, not suspension. If you ever wanted the licenses back you would need to purchase them again at the current price.

I've never heard of a temporary suspension of maintenance, but I don't work the Sales side. If you feel you have an unusual case, contact your Qlik Sales rep and see what can be done.

-Rob